KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Drivers will be seeing familiar faces when stopping at Pilot Flying J gas stations this week.
Knoxville celebrities, including the WATE 6 On Your Side team, elected officials and more will be pumping gas for customers. Pilot will donate 5 cents of every gallon of gasoline sold and 10 cents of every dollar spent in the store to the United Way of Greater Knoxville.
“Pilot Pumpers has grown significantly throughout the past 25 years, and each year I’m increasingly impressed by the generosity of the local celebrities who are willing to donate their time to benefit the United Way of Greater Knoxville,” said Pilot founder Jim Haslam. “We encourage everyone to fuel up at Pilot and help us give back to an organization that gives so much to our community.”
The fundraiser is the single-largest special event for the United Way’s annual campaign.
- WATE 6 On Your Side Anchor Ryan O’Donnell – Monday, October 2, 2017 from 2-3 p.m. at 405 Lovell Road in Knoxville
- WATE 6 On Your Side Consumer Investigator Don Dare – Tuesday, October 3, 2017 from 8-9 a.m. at 400 E. Emory Road in Powell
- WATE 6 On Your Side Meteorologist Ken Weathers – Tuesday, October 3, 2017 from 8-9 a.m. – 6800 Oak Ridge Highway in Knoxville
- WATE 6 On Your Side General Manager Coby Cooper – Tuesday, October 3 from 4-5 p..m. – 2518 N. Broadway in Knoxville
- WATE 6 On Your Side Meteorologist Trent Magill, WATE 6 On Your Side Anchors Bo Williams and Gabriella Pagán and WATE 6 Sports Anchor Marshall Hughes – Wednesday, October 4, 2017 from 9-10 a.m. – 4800 N. Broadway (Adair) in Knoxville
- WATE 6 On Your Side Chief Meteorologist Matt Hinkin – Wednesday, October 4 from noon-1 p.m. – 2918 Tazewell Pike in Knoxville
- WATE 6 On Your Side Reporter Erin Barnett – Wednesday October 4, 2017 from 1-2 p.m. at 7686 S. Northshore Dr. in Rocky Hill