KNOXVILLE (WATE) — If the health inspector notes a risk factor that can be corrected immediately, quick action is then taken. That happened twice at the restaurant that received the lowest inspection grade of the week.
Hardee’s, 7762 Oak Ridge Highway — Grade: 77
The Hardee’s on Oak Ridge Highway received a passing score. A score below 70 is considered “unsanitary” by the health department.
The inspector writes that when the cook completed one task of preparing food he did not change his gloves or washed his hands before starting another task. He is supposed to.
The inspector also found lettuce that was not in good shape, it had spoiled. It was thrown away on the spot.
The inspector also noticed that hamburgers were not being cooked to the proper temperature. So, he had the manager adjust the speed of the grill and the problem was corrected on site.
Lots of things were dirty at this Hardee’s. The mircrowave was dirty and the kitchen floor extremely dirty, according to the inspector’s report. He also writes there were cobwebs stretched thoughout the kitchen.
A re-inspection is scheduled soon.
Web Extra: This week’s full inspection reports [PDF]
Honeybee Coffee, 10716 Kingston Pike — Old Grade: 81 New Grade: 96
Last week WATE 6 On Your Side reported that Honeybee Coffee in Farragut scored an 81 in its initial inspection. After the critical violations were corrected, the re-inspected grade was a 96.
Previous story: Dirty kitchen, ice cream machine at Knoxville restaurant
More than half a dozen restaurants received perfect grades this week.
Top scores of the week:
- The Chef Box, 117 Rose Drive – Grade: 100
- Hexagon Brewing Company, 1002 Dutch Valley Road – Grade: 100
- Asian Chow (West Town Mall) – Grade: 100
- Starbucks Coffee, 1938 Pinnacle Point Way – Grade: 100
- Chipotle Mexican Grill, 7660 Kingston Pike – Grade: 100
- Vol Dogs, 90801 Babree Lane – Grade: 100
- Starbucks, 116 Merchant Drive – Grade: 100
- Subway, 319 Merchange Drive – Grade: 100
- Wendy’s, 8305 Kingston Pike – Grade: 100
- Mr. Gatti’s, 6903 Maynardville Highway – Grade: 99
- Sonic, 7816 Oak Ridge Highway – Grade: 99
- O’Charley’s, 3050 S. Mall Road – Grade: 99
Inspections are conducted every 6 months, if you notice a problem talk the manager, or call the health department in the county were you live to report the issue.