Cigarette blamed for West Knoxville apartment fire

KNOXVILLE (WATE) – Knoxville Fire Department determined that a fire at Bell Walker’s Crossing Apartments was caused by someone throwing a cigarette on a wooden deck.

The fire at the complex, which is located across from Walmart and Sam’s Club, started June 21, 2017. The fire department said it originated from the wood deck of apartment 331 of building 8341.

There were no injuries during the fire, but four units had smoke damage and 33 residents of the 24-unit building were displaced.

This isn’t the first time a fire at the complex has been caused by a cigarette. Firefighters determined cigarette caused a fire on May 13, 2012 at the complex. There was also a fire there on December 4, 2000.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s