KNOXVILLE (WATE) – This week, an inspector re-inspected a restaurant that had several critical violations.
Bella Roma Pizza, 7817 Oak Ridge Highway – Grade: 80 New Grade: 97
Bella Roma Pizza received passing grade, but there were several critical violations.
The inspector found food temperatures that were off. Pizza ready to be served was at 105 degrees, but 135 is required. Also, dressing was at 46 degrees, but 41 degrees and below is the temperature needed to slow the growth of bacteria.
The inspector also watched a kitchen worker prepare lettuce without having gloves on. When she looked at some hand sinks, they were blocked so no one could wash their hands.
Finally, some food — ready to be served — was out of date. The “best serve” date for the food had expired.
Now Bella Roma Pizza on Oak Ridge Highway was re-inspected and their new grade is a 97.
A dozen restaurants scored perfect grades this week.
Top scores of the week:
- Chick-Fil-A, 4944 Kingston Pike – Grade: 100
- Sami’s Cafe, 9700 Kingston Pike – Grade: 100
- Oliver Royal, 5 Market Square – Grade: 100
- Skybox Sports Grill, 415 S. Gay Street – Grade: 100
- O’Charley’s, 8077 Kingston Pike – Grade: 100
- Time Warp Tea Room, 1209 Central Avenue – Grade: 100
- Kentucky Fried Chicken, 409 N. Cedar Bluff Road – Grade: 100
- Peace by Piece, 1526 Washington Avenue – Grade: 100
- Quaker Steak & Lube, 8355 Kingston Pike – Grade: 100
- Marco’s Pizza, 8667 Middlebrook Pike – Grade: 100
- Red Onion Pizza, 3625 Sutherland Avenue – Grade: 100
- Breadshed Market, 1322 Broadway – Grade: 100
Health inspections are unannounced and they’re conducted every 6 months.