KNOXVILLE (WATE) – Eight men were arrested on prostitution charges after a two-day operation by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI), Morristown Police Department and Homeland Security Investigations.
TBI said “Operation Someone Like Me,” took place last week and focused on identifying potential victims of human trafficking. Over the two-day period, undercover agents posted ads online.
Agents said a total of eight men, ages 27 to 56, responded to those ads and attempted to purchase sex from a prostitute. All eight men were arrested and charged with patronizing prostitution.
- Russell E. Goode, 52, Hazel Green, AL
- Dwayne A. Ramsey, 56, Morristown, TN
- Benjamin D. Bailey, 27, Greeneville, TN
- Johnny T. James, 43, Morristown, TN
- Joshua Reed, 33, Newport, TN
- Tommy P. Sells II, 43, Blountville, TN
- Jeffery L. Teague, 52, Newport, TN
- David S. Presley, 43, Knoxville, TN
The operation ended early, according to TBI, when agents were reassigned to Sevier County to assist in the search and recovery of individuals missing as a result of the wildfires.