KNOXVILLE (WATE) – An East Knoxville house went up in flames Tuesday night after an oven fire spread to the rest of the house.
The Knoxville Fire Department says it was called to the home on Speedway Circle around 8:45 p.m. Firefighters found the homeowner unhurt in the front yard, but flames were coming through the windows.
A dog was inside and did not make it. The Red Cross is helping the residents. The home is considered a total loss.
Download the WATE 6 On Your Side News App for customizable breaking news, weather, traffic and sports alerts sent to your mobile device.