Resident burned in Oak Ridge kitchen fire

OAK RIDGE (WATE) – One person was sent to the hospital for treatment of burns after a kitchen fire Thursday in Oak Ridge.

Oak Ridge officials say the the fire department was sent to a structure fire on Brandeis Lane just before 6 p.m. First units on the scene said everyone was out of the home at the time.

Investigators say they found that cooking oil was being heated on the stove and caught fire. One resident tried to remove the burning oil and dropped it, resulting in burns to the face, arms and hands.

The victim was treated on the scene and then taken to UT Medical Center. The victim’s name and condition have not been released.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s