KNOXVILLE (WATE) – A sandwich shop and two casual style restaurants have the lowest grades of the week. All three restaurants scored a number of critical violations, risk factors, that could potentially make customers ill.
Penn Station, 163 North Peters Road – Grade: 80 New Grade: 94
While 80 is a passing grade, the inspector has returned for a follow-up.
When first arriving, she found temperature for onions, tomatoes and lettuce were too warm. Forty-one degrees and below is the proper cool temperature to slow the growth of bacteria.
The inspector also writes, she watched a cook basting bread with butter at a 3 compartment sink, which is the wrong place. That’s where dirty pots and pan are washed cleaned and sanitized, not where you supposed to prepare food.
The Penn Station at North Peters has been re-inspected, the new adjusted grade is a 94.
Fresh to Order, 2421 University Commons Way – Grade: 80
Near University of Tennessee’s campus, Fresh to Order also scored an 80, but a re-inspection is required.
Here the inspector found a dented can of mustard. The mustard was thrown away.
Food temperatures were off as well. Diced tomatoes and some dressing were not cool enough.
Also, an insecticide was found stored alongside cleaning agents. To prevent accidents, that insecticide is supposed to stored separately.
Cracker Barrel, 716 Campbell Station Road – Grade: 80
In Farragut the Cracker Barrel at Campbell Station Road also received an 80. There are critical violations that will require a follow-up inspection.
At this Cracker Barrel, when the inspector asked employees about health policies, a relatively new rule, he writes, they were not “aware” of them. He also watched one of the cooks touch ready to eat food with his bare hands. The cook should have been wearing gloves.
Finally, some slaw was found out of temperature.
Among the top scoring restaurants there are some perfect grades.
Top Scores of the Week
- Barberito’s Grill, 215 Brookview Center Way – Grade: 100
- Bistro By The Tracks, 215 Brookview Center Way – Grade 100
- Salsarita’s Cedar Bluff, 105 Moss Grove Boulevard – Grade: 100
- Bravo, 106 Major Reynolds Place – Grade: 100
- Einstein Brothers Bagels, 1049 Cedar Bluff Road – Grade: 99
- Taste of Thai, 8926 Town and Country Circle – Grade: 99
- Jimmy John’s, 6718 Kingston Pike – Grade:99
- Hardee’s, 3718 Western Avenue – Grade: 99
- Wendy’s, 425 E. Emory Road – Grade: 100
- Soccer Taco, 2031 Thunderhead Road – Grade: 99
- Tracy’s Restaurant, 3913 Western Avenue – Grade: 98
Those are some great health inspection scores at busy restaurants.