MARYVILLE (WATE) – Law enforcement agencies in Blount County checked 35 alcohol retailers for compliance and cited eight people at seven businesses for selling alcohol to minors.
The operation was carried out by Blount County Sheriff’s Office, Blount County District Attorney General’s Office, Maryville Police Department, Alcoa Police Department, and the Fifth Judicial Drug Task Force along with the Blount County Substance Abuse Prevention Action Team (SAPAT).
The following businesses and individuals sold alcohol to a minor as part of the operation, according to deputies:
- Alice’s Place, 211 Cusick Road, Alcoa
- Jacquelene Elizabeth Barineau, 52, Knoxville
- Attled Ant, 218 S. Calderwood Street, Alcoa
- Mark Brackins, 66, Magnolia Street, Maryville
- Metro Pizza, 1084 Hunters Crossing Drive, Alcoa
- William Edward Glenn, 22, Oak Park Ave., Maryville
- Sean Daniel Kennedy, 29, Watkins Road, Maryville
- Mi Tienda, 1808 E. Broadway Ave., Maryville
- Solval Tzunun Esduardo, Lincoln Road, Alcoa
- RiteQuik, 7523 E. Lamar Alexander Pkwy, Townsend
- Donna Jo Seaton, 47, Cedar Creek Road, Townsend
- Shell / J Gopal Inc., 2701 U.S. 411 South, Maryville
- Mary Jo McCulloch, 50, Turkey Pen Road, Maryville
- Subs & Such, 248 S. Calderwood Street, Alcoa
- Rebecca Ann Monn, 27, Kettering Court, Alcoa
McCulloch and Esduardo are scheduled to appear at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 29 in Maryville Municipal Court. Seaton is scheduled to appear at 9 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 23 in Blount County General Session Court. Brackins, Barineau, Kennedy, Glenn and Monn are all scheduled to appear at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 30 in Blount County General Sessions Court.