ATLANTA (WATE) – Arby’s is testing a deer meat sandwich in several markets where deer hunting is popular, including one restaurant in Tennessee.
The Venison Sandwich will feature a thick-cut venison steak and crispy onions, topped with a juniper berry sauce on a toasted roll, according to a press release from the restaurant chain. The meat itself is marinated in garlic, salt and pepper and then cooked for three hours.
“Hunters hunt the meats, and we have the meats, so it makes sense for us to connect with them and offer a sandwich that they can’t get at any other restaurant chain,” said Rob Lynch, Chief Marketing Officer and Brand President of Arby’s Restaurant Group, Inc.
The sandwiches are being offered at 17 restaurants for a very limited time. The first restaurant taking part is the 2044 Rosa L. Parks Boulevard location in Nashville for four days beginning October 31.
Available Oct. 31-Nov. 3
- 2044 Rosa L. Parks Blvd., Nashville, Tenn. 37228
Available Nov. 4-6
- 3821 Tower Ave., Superior, Wis. 54880
- 1690 Park Place Blvd., St. Louis Park, Minn. 55416
- 704 Highway 33 South, Cloquet, Minn. 55720
- 348 Lincoln Ave. SE, St. Cloud, Minn. 56301
- 3275 First St. S, St. Cloud, Minn. 56301
- 4415 Roswell Rd. NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30342
Available Nov. 12-15
- 4229 W Vienna Rd., Clio, Mich. 48420
- 4040 17 Mile Rd. NE, Cedar Springs, Mich. 49319
- 1215 M 89, Plainwell, Mich. 49080
- 8685 Birch Run Rd., Birch Run, Mich. 48415
Available Nov. 25-28
- 5205 Library Road, Bethel Park, Penn. 15102
- 4260 Ohio River Blvd., Bellevue, Penn. 15202
- 16 Towne Center Drive, Leechburg, Penn. 15656
- 2539 W State St., New Castle, Penn. 16101
- 2648 Ellwood Rd., New Castle, Penn. 16101
- 224 Wilmington Rd., New Castle, Penn.16105