KNOXVILLE (WATE) – The Friday Night Hits Tailgate is rolling through Alcoa tonight as the Tornadoes (6-1) host the Kingston Yellow Jackets.
Alcoa enters week 9 averaging 40 points per game while Kingston (3-5) has managed 24 per game. The Tornadoes may be even more impressive on defense.
Outside of the 43 Alcoa gave to Maryville on September 9, the Tornadoes are allowing just 9 points per game. All signs point to the reigning Class 3A state champions making a run to defend their title.
Week 9 Schedule
- Johnson Co. 34, Northview Academy 24
- Pigeon Forge 35, Chuckey-Doak 14
- Halls 49, Powell 22
- Grainger 38, Seymour 17
- Kingston at Alcoa
- Dobyns Bennett at Bearden
- McMinn Central at CAK
- Karns at Campbell County
- Morristown West at Daniel Boone
- Gatlinburg-Pittman at Happy Valley
- Bradley Central at Hardin Valley
- Oneida at Harriman
- West at Heritage
- Science Hill at Jefferson County
- Mt. Juliet Christian at King’s Academy
- Catholic at Carter
- Anderson County at Central
- Sweetwater at Grace
- Farragut at Lenoir City
- Scott at Loudon
- William Blount at Maryville
- Greenback at Midway
- David Crockett at Morristown East
- Unaka at Oakdale
- Austin-East at Rockwood
- Tennessee High at Sevier County
- Fulton at Union Co.
- South Doyle
- Oak Ridge