KNOXVILLE (WATE) – A misdemeanor assault charge against Tennessee defensive tackle Alexis Johnson has been dismissed, his attorney confirmed Monday.
Attorney Greg Isaacs says all charges against Johnson were dismissed as of Monday morning. He was cleared to return to the team in August after a February suspension.
The 20-year-old was arrested and charged with aggravated assault and false imprisonment. The victim told police Johnson repeatedly choked her. A judge dismissed the false imprisonment charge in April and reduced the other charge to misdemeanor domestic assault if Johnson stayed out of trouble for six months.
- Vols football player arrested on aggravated assault, false imprisonment charges
- Vols football player pleads not guilty to aggravated assault charges
- University of Tennessee football player felony charges reduced
- Vols football player arrested on assault charges cleared to enroll in classes
- Alexis Johnson rejoining Tennessee football program