KNOXVILLE (WATE) – The inspector found a number of problems that required corrective action at a North Knoxville restaurant. They were violations involving incorrect food temperatures, dirty plates and equipment.
O’Charley’s, 117 Cedar Lane – Grade: 85 New Grade: 95
O’Charley’s had to be reinspected after they received an 85 on their health inspection score. While 85 is a passing grade, critical violations cost the restaurant 10 points off their total score.
When the inspector checked food temperatures, he found sour cream at 50 degrees, diced tomatoes at 49 degrees, and cole slaw at 44 degrees. However, 41 and below is the correct cool temperature that’s required to slow the growth of bacteria which could potentially cause food borne illness.
Also, the inspector found food debris on clean plates. When he checked inside the microwave oven, the inspector writes, it was dirty. A food slicer that was used to prepare food was also dirty.
Also, employee drink cups were improperly stored. They are supposed to be kept in a separate area of the kitchen away from food or serving plates.
The inspector returned to O’Charley’s in North Knoxville, as you see the new re-inspected grade is a 95.
Web Extra: This week’s full inspection reports [PDF]
No re-inspections will be necessary at the top scoring restaurants.
Top Scores of the Week:
- Five Guys, 234 Brookview Center Way – Grade: 100
- Chili’s, 11454 Parkside Drive – Grade: 100
- Zaxby’s, 10806 Hardin Valley Road – Grade: 100
- I-HOP, 313 Lovell Road – Grade: 100
- Lenny’s Sub Shop, 150 Lovell Road – Grade: 100
- Krystal, 6725 Maynardville Highway – Grade: 98
- Salsarita’s, 570 Emory Road – Grade: 98
- Bucket Head Tavern, 8039 Ray Mears Boulevard – Grade: 96
- McDonald’s, 6901 Maynardville Highway – Grade: 96
- The Wing Spot (West Town Mall) – Grade: 95
- Hardee’s, 2919 Tazewell Pike – Grade: 95
- McAllister’s Deli, 11140 Parkside Drive – Grade: 95
Restaurant inspections are unannounced and they’re conducted every 6 months. If you notice a problem, politely mention it to the manager.