KNOXVILLE (WATE) – You almost need ten fingers to total up this week’s restaurants with perfect scores, but two restaurants will require follow-up visits by the Knox County Health Department.
Steak and Shake, 500 Emory Road – Grade: 78
The health inspector noted the improper date marking of hamburger patties in the walk-in cooler. The inspector also noted that hamburger buns were stored next to the hand sink and sanitizer bucket and there was a comment that the manager on duty was unable to perform duties.
There were no paper towels at the hand sink. The inspector also noted the presence of flies and said there was build-up detected in the restaurant’s microwave. The inspector will return for a re-inspection.
Austin’s Steak and Buffet, 900 Merchant Drive – Grade: 82
The health inspector detected food debris on the floor and there was contaminated ice in the ice machine. Food in the walk-in cooler was also not properly date marked.
The inspector will return for a re-inspection.
Web Extra: This week’s full inspection reports [PDF]
Quite a few restaurants this week where management and staff know and follow the health inspection rules.
Top Scores of the Week:
- Denenie Weenies Mobile Unit, 221 Gilbert Lane – Grade: 100
- Chick-fil-a, 10916 Parkside Drive – Grade: 100
- Stock Burgers, 2701 Sutherland Avenue – Grade: 100
- Noodles and Company, 11083 Parkside Drive – Grade: 100
- Salsaritas, 10919 Parkside Drive – Grade: 100
- Twister’s Diner, 5831 Washington Pike – Grade: 100
- Steve’s Kitchen, 12744 Kingston Pike – Grade: 100
- Bruster’s Mobile Unit, 114 Tillery Drive – Grade: 100
- Applebee’s, 5316 Central Avenue Pike – Grade: 99
- Burger King, 319 Merchant Drive – Grade: 99
- Chuck E Cheese, 8225 Kingston Pike – Grade: 98
- Cole’s Catering and BBQ, 8429 Major’s Road – Grade: 98