KNOXVILLE (WATE) – Good news for Knoxville foodies, there were no low health inspection grades this week.
One restaurant that did have a bad grade a few weeks ago was re-inspected. When inspectors find what they call are “risk factors,” those are violations that could potentially make customers sick, a follow-up inspection is required.
Jumbo Buffet, 7420 Chapman Highway – Grade: 83 New Grade: 93
Jumbo Buffet on Chapman Highway scored a number of critical violations when it was first inspected, specifically improper sanitation and food temperatures, those issues exist no longer. The original grade of 83 has been upgraded to a 93.
Previous story: South Knoxville sushi grill, buffet fails health inspection
No risk factors or any critical violations were marked off at the best scoring restaurants of the week.
Web Extra: This week’s full inspection reports [PDF]
Top Scores of the Week:
- La Rosa’s, 9169 Kingston Pike – Grade: 100
- Rosarito’s Cantina, 210 Lovell Road – Grade: 100
- Bella Roma Pizza, 7817 Oak Ridge Highway – Grade: 100
- Maple Hill (The Alley), 414 Gay Street – Grade: 100
- Shoney’s, 4410 Western Avenue – Grade: 100
- Panda’s Chinese Restaurant, 4424 Western Avenue – Grade: 99
- Sonic, 7816 Oak Ridge Highway – Grade: 99
- Best Bagel and Deli, 800 Gay Street – Grade: 98
- McDonald’s, 7134 Oak Ridge Highway – Grade: 98
- Burger King, 6825 Maynardville Highway – Grade: 98
- Buddy’s BBQ, 3700 Magnolia Avenue – Grade: 97
- KFC, 4415 Western Avenue – Grade: 97
Those high scores reflect servers, cooks, and managers know and follow the health rules making sure that the food you are served is wholesome.