MINNEAPOLIS (WATE) – Best Buy is celebrating its 50th birthday with a 50 hour sale that promises Black Friday-like deals.
The sale starts at 11 p.m. Thursday night and ends at 12:59 a.m. the morning of Sunday, August 21. Almost all of the deals are available in store and on Best Buy’s website, and almost everything includes free two-day shipping.
Best Buy released a few of the deals in a press release Thursday morning:
- Save $150 on select MacBook Pro computers
- Students can save an additional $150, for a total savings of $300 with Best Buy’s Student Deals program
- Save $400 on a 65-inch Samsung 4K UHD TV
- Save $180 on Beats Studio wireless on-ear headphones
- Get an iPhone 6s starting at $1 or an iPhone 6s Plus starting at $99.99 with two-year activation on Sprint or Verizon Wireless (Save $200) – or get a $200 gift card with purchase of iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus and activation with an AT&T Next plan
- Save up to 70 percent on LEGO Dimensions, Skylanders and amiibo
- Save $50 on Garmin Vivosmart HR activity tracker
- Get “Destiny” and your choice of two other select games for free with purchase of the PlayStation 4 “Call of Duty” bundle
- Get a $50 gift card with purchase of a Swagtron T1 self-balancing scooter (online only)
The first Best Buy opened on August 22, 1966, in Minnesota as “Sound Of Music,” which specialized in Hi-Fi stereo systems. The company renamed itself to Best Buy in 1983 and expanded its product offering to home appliances and VCRs.