Walland man died of smoke inhalation in house fire

WALLAND (WATE) – The Blount County Sheriff’s Office says a man killed in a house fire last week in Walland died of smoke inhalation and the fire was electrical in nature.

Firefighters were called to a home on East Old Millers Cove Road on Friday afternoon. Firefighters had to enter the house to reach James White, 93, who had collapsed inside after the fire started. Crews were able to pull him to safety, but he died as a result of his injuries.

His wife Margie White, 89, was taken to Blount Memorial Hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation.

Deputies said Monday preliminary autopsy results showed James White died of smoke inhalation. They said the cause of the fire was electrical and started at an electrical outlet in the laundry room and a fuse box.

Previous story: Man, 93, killed in Blount County house fire; wife injured

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s