Bean Station home total loss after large house fire

1711 Dandridge Avenue (Report It! Cory Lawless)

BEAN STATION (WATE) – A family managed to escape safely after their home caught fire Sunday night.

According to Bean Station Volunteer Fire Department Chief Ron Wonderly, the family was asleep at their home on 161 Shady Lane in Bean Station when the fire started. The homeowner said the fire started on the deck near the grill. The family had been grilling earlier that evening.

Chief Wonderly said the fire rekindled Monday, but firefighters were able to extinguish the flames. Red Cross is helping the family.

Bean Station Volunteer Fire Department worked the fire, along with help from Rutledge and Thorn Hill fire departments.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s