‘Property Brothers’ star avoids charges in bar incident

The Property Brothers walk the red carpet at the All-Star Celebrity Game at Ricoh Coliseum on Friday, February 12, 2016, in Toronto, ON. (Photo by Ryan Emberley/Invision/AP)

FARGO, N.D. (AP) — Authorities say no charges will be filed against one of the twin brother stars of HGTV’s “Property Brothers” following an incident at a North Dakota bar.

According to a police report, Jonathan Scott repeatedly refused to leave the Fargo bar at closing time early on the morning of April 24. A bar staffer told police that Scott said, “do you know who I am?” when asked to hand over his drink.

Security camera footage shows Scott resisting bar staff while being escorted out. The video shows Scott returning before being physically removed again.

Scott reported the encounter to police and told them he had been put in a chokehold.

Fargo City Attorney Erik Johnson tells The Associated Press there’s not enough evidence to establish a crime.

Scott’s publicist hasn’t returned a request for comment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s