Firefighters: 1 suffered heat exhaustion after Cocke County hotel fire

(Courtesy: Mike McCarter)

NEWPORT (WATE) – A fire occurred late Thursday night at a Cocke County hotel.

Firefighters confirmed the fire happened at Parkway Inn in Newport. Investigators told WATE 6 On Your Side that the fire damaged six to seven rooms. Crews were still putting out hot spots early Friday morning.

Chief Ragen told WATE that one of the firefighters suffered heat exhaustion. However, it was minor and the firefighter was able to return to his shift.

(Courtesy: Mike McCarter)
(Courtesy: Mike McCarter)

There are no other reports of injuries, according to investigators. It has not been determined on how the fire started.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s