KNOXVILLE (WATE) – About everyone last week was affected by the bad weather, including the health department.
As a result, with a couple of days off due to inclement weather and the Martin Luther King, Junior holiday, not too many restaurant health inspections were conducted. Nevertheless, there’s a re-inspection to tell you about.
El Mezcal Mexican Restaurant, 1110 Kingston Pike – Grade: 84, New Grade: 99
Last month, El Mezcal Mexican Restaurant on Kingston Pike in Farragut had some problems with food temperatures and cleanliness. Now, the critical violations have been corrected, the old grade of 84 has been upgraded to a 99.
Previous story: 2 Knox County restaurants have multiple violations
Since very few restaurants were inspected last week, we want you to know about some places that we’ve been unable to tell you about since so many restaurants received scores of 100 and 99. Here are some places over the last few weeks that have been close to perfect.
- Plum Tree, 7052 Kingston Pike – Grade: 99
- Broker Banquet Hall, 3434 Martin Luther King, Jr. Ave – Grade: 99
- Charley’s Philly Steaks West Town Mall – Grade: 99
- Firehouse Subs, 4419 Western Avenue – Grade: 99
- Duncan Donuts, 4829 N. Broadway – Grade: 98
- Shoney’s, 4032 N. Broadway – Grade: 98
- Wendy’s, 7407 Strawberry Plains Pike – Grade: 98
- Taco Bell, 7414 Kingston Pike – Grade: 98
- Wook N’ Roll, 2828 E. Magnolia Ave. – Grade: 97
- Koko Japanese Grill, 8883 Town & Country – Grade: 96
- Chandler’s Deli, 3101 E. Magnolia – Grade: 95
- Domino’s Pizza, 4719 Chapman Highway – Grade: 95
Web Extra: This week’s full inspection scores [PDF]
Those top scores reflect everyone in the kitchen knowing the health rules and management making sure they’re followed.