Blount County couple charged in 4 home invasions

Catherine (l) and Jake Gordon (r) (source: BCSO)

MARYVILLE (WATE) – Two people have been arrested and charged with three home invasions in Blount County and one in Maryville.

Jake Andrew Gordon, 44, is charged with four counts of aggravated robbery, three counts of aggravated kidnapping, theft of a motor vehicle, and three counts of possession of a weapon during a felony. He is being held on $680,000 bond.

Catherine Jessee Gordon, 50, is charged with three counts of aggravated kidnapping, three counts of aggravated robbery, and theft of a motor vehicle. She is being held on bonds totaling $450,000.

An off-duty deputy spotted the suspect vehicle in the home invasions in a parking lot in Alcoa. The Alcoa Police Department was dispatched and the Gordons were held until investigators arrived at the scene. They were taken into custody and charged Tuesday.

Both are expected in court on February 2.

Home invasions

The Blount County Sheriff’s Office and the Maryville Police Department say the two are accused in four separate cases.

The first happened on December 9 on Pennsylvania Avenue in Maryville. They say a 54-year-old man said he heard a knock at the door. When he answered, a man pointed a gun at him and demanded money and pills. The suspect then forced the man into a bathroom and tied him up. Someone believed to be a suspect was arrested on December 23, but was released a short time later.

On December 23, a 52-year-old woman on Mercer Drive in Maryville said someone knocked on her door. Two people pushed their way inside, tied her up in a chair and stole jewelry, prescription medication and other items.

The next home invasion happened on Christmas Day on Beatress Circle in Rockford. A man and woman told deputies someone knocked on the door. When they opened, two people pushed the door in and demanded medications. Both suspects had guns. The victims were then tied up in a bathroom and the suspects stole several items and the female victim’s truck. The truck was found later that evening.

A 38-year-old woman told deputies on January 8 that she was in her garage on Raulston Road when two people came up to her. The man had a gun and held the victim at gunpoint while the the woman went through the victim’s vehicle. They then made the victim get her car key and tied her up with an electrical cord. The stolen car was found later that night.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s