New Year’s Eve fire destroys Greene County family’s home

MOHAWK (WATE) – A Greene County family of seven is starting the New Year without a home. Just a couple of days ago on New Year’s Eve, their trailer burned to pieces while they made a trip to the grocery store.

This wasn’t the way Vickie Weber and her family wanted to start the New Year.

“We leave and we come back and it’s all gone…It was so surreal it was awful,” she said.

Weber, along with her fiancé Andrew Mule and five children, are now picking up the pieces.

“I’m so glad we weren’t home,” said Mule.

They were just a few miles away getting milk and ice cream to make milkshakes that night. They said the local fire department told them that electrical issues sparked the fire.

“Our couch was sitting here,” said Mule.

They lost their couch along with almost all of their kids Christmas gifts. Only a few things were saved, like a bike still left in the front yard. Despite the fire, they are grateful for the way the community has stepped in to help them. People in the community have already donated clothes and other items, like a television, to help the family move forward.

“People just really made this a lot better,” said Weber.

The family told WATE 6 On Your Side that the Red Cross has been helping them since the fire as well. A go fund me account has been set up to help them if you would like to donate you can visit https://www.gofundme.com/ekh3swrw.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s