JOSHUA TREE, Calif. (WATE) – After months of delays, a trial date has been set for former Marine charged with murdering a 19-year-old pregnant Oak Ridge woman in California and hiding her body in a remote desert mine shaft.
Christopher Brandon Lee, 25, was in court Friday morning where a trial date of February 29 was set.
Victim Erin Corwin was missing for weeks before her remains were found. Friends have told investigators that Corwin, whose husband was stationed with Lee at the Twentynine Palms Marine Corps base, believed she was pregnant and that Lee might be the father, even though he was married.
Prosecutors say Lee killed her to hid the affair from his wife. Corwin moved to California from Oak Ridge to be with her husband.
- Former Marine accused of killing Oak Ridge woman, granted continuance for 3rd time
- Court case of former Marine accused of killing Oak Ridge woman in California continued
- Mother of Oak Ridge woman murdered in California opens up
- Ex-Marine pleads not guilty to killing pregnant woman from Oak Ridge
- Ex-Marine ordered to trial in killing pregnant woman from Oak Ridge‘