Restaurants open Christmas Day:
- Shoney’s – locations at Western Avenue, Dandridge, Maryville, and Walker Springs are open 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- I-HOP – Knoxville locations will open at 11 a.m.
- Waffle House – Open 24 hours
- Denny’s – Open 24 hours
- Calhoun’s – All locations except Ft. Loudon location open 10:30 a.m.-10:00 pm., Ft. Loudon location is open 10:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Smoky Mountain Brewery – Turkey Creek location open 12:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m., Pigeon Forge location open 11:30 a.m. to 12:00 a.m., Gatlinburg location open 11:30 a.m. – 1 a.m., Maryville location open 11 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House – Open12 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Windows on the Park in Downtown Knoxville’s kitchen and bar are open until 9:00 p.m. Christmas eve
If you still have last minute shopping to do on Christmas Eve, you’re in luck as many major retailers plan extended hours on December 24 and the days leading up to it.
- Walmart: Open until 8 p.m. on Christmas Eve
- Toys R Us: Open until 9 p.m. on Christmas Eve
- Best Buy: Open until 6 p.m. on Christmas Eve
- Kohl’s: Open continuously until 6 p.m. on December 24 for a total of 170 hours open straight
- JCPenney: Christmas Eve hours are 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. They will reopen at 6 a.m. on December 26.
- Target: Open until 11 p.m. Christmas Eve
- Kroger: Open until 6 p.m. Christmas Eve, Closed on Christmas Day
- Food City: Open until 6 p.m. Christmas Eve
- Whole Foods: Open until 6 p.m. Christmas Eve
- Ingles Market: Open until 7 p.m. Christmas Eve
- Aldi – Open until 4 p.m. Christmas Eve