KNOXVILLE (WATE) – Dirty tables and wrong food temperatures top the list of restaurant health inspection violations this week.
Mexico Lindo, 462 N. Cedar Bluff Road – Grade: 85
Mexico Lindo on North Cedar Bluff had a passing grade, but there were several critical violations. The problems could potentially make you sick if not corrected.
Food temperatures were off. Tomatoes were at 47 degrees and other foods were not the proper 41 degrees and below. That temperature is required to slow the growth of bacteria.
When he checked the surfaces of tables where food is prepared, the inspector found they had not been sanitized. They’re required to be sanitized to protect the wholesomeness of your food.
When he looked inside the sanitizer bucket, there was no wiping cloth and when he checked the chemical bottles, they were not labeled. They’re supposed to be labeled so kitchen workers know what’s inside to avoid any surprises that might be sprayed on your food.
Mexico Lindo will be reinspected soon.
Waffle House, 7205 Chapman Highway – Old Grade: 80, New Grade: 97
The health inspector recently returned to Waffle House, 7205 Chapman Highway, where there had been problems with improper hand washing, lack of cleanliness and food protection. Those violations were resolved.
Top scores of the week:
- Mikada Japanese Grill, 10918 Spring Bluff Way – Grade: 100
- Shono’s Japanese Grill, 120 S. Peters Road – Grade: 100
- Panera Bread, 205 N. Peters Road – Grade: 100
- Five Guys, 234 Brookview Center Way – Grade: 100
- Taco Bell, 11217 Kingston Pike – Grade: 100
- Sonic, 10704 Kingston Pike – Grade: 100
- Waffle House, 507 Lovell Road – Grade: 100
- Buddy’s BBQ, 121 West End Drive – Grade: 100
- Chili’s, 6635 Clinton Highway – Grade: 99
- Starbucks, 329 N. Cedar Bluff Road – Grade: 99
- Outback Steakhouse, 314 Merchants Drive – Grade: 98
- BurgerFi, 1708 Cumberland Avenue – Grade: 98