KNOXVILLE (WATE) – There were not only temperature violations at the Bistro at the Bijou, but the inspector also found bugs during her semi-annual, unannounced inspection.
Bistro at the Bijou, 807 South Gay Street – Grade: 81
Eighty-one is a passing score, but there were several priority violations recorded in the report. The inspector noted quite a few temperature violations.
Soup was at 107 degrees, 135 and above is the required safe temperature. On the other end of the food temperature scale, tomatoes were at 50 degrees, but the safe food temperature to slow the growth of bacteria is 41 degrees and below. The inspector also writes she found some tomatoes that had been spoiled.
There’s more, gnats were found at the bistro, the cutting board on which food is prepared was dirty, personal drinks were improperly stored near food and so were chemical spray bottles.
The inspector will soon return to the restaurant for a follow up report.
Web Extra: This week’s full inspection scores [PDF]
Osaka Grill & Sushi Buffet, 4009 Chapman Highway – Grade: 76 New Grade: 89
Last week quite a few critical violations were reported at the Osaka Grill and Sushi Buffet on Chapman Highway. The inspector recently returned and the follow up score is an 89.
Previous story: Knoxville Chinese buffet cited for priority violations
There are no critical violations at the top scoring restaurants this week.
Top Scores of the Week:
- Aubry’s 9208 Middlebrook – Grade: 100
- Chipotle Mexican Grill, 11380 Parkside Drive – Grade: 100
- Lenos Y Carbon, 11151 Kingston Pike – Grade: 100
- China Pearl, 1115 Brooklawn Street – Grade: 100
- Hana Sushi and Hibachi, 11145 Kingston Pike – Grade: 100
- Firehouse Subs, 119 Brooklawn Street – Grade: 100
- Subway, 126 West End Avenue – Grade: 100
- The Egg and I, 111 Lovell Road – Grade: 100
- Taco Bell, 6775 Clinton Highway – Grade: 100
- Moe’s Southwest Grill, 9450 South Northshore Drive – Grade: 99
- Buddy’s Banquet Hall, 5806 Kingston Pike – Grade: 99
These top scoring restaurants serve lots of people everyday, there management and staff really know the health inspection rules.