KNOXVILLE (WATE) – Did you do anything romantic with your significant other this month?
August is Romance Awareness Month.
While, we can’t find the origin of this observance, it doesn’t hurt to find a new reason to strengthen your relationship.
According to Psychology Today, with all the distraction we have in our busy lives, it seems many couples never find the time to be romantic. That can lead to love’s demise.
Knoxville marriage counselor Dana Vince says couples can get stuck in cycles and negative patterns with one another that rob them of their intimacy and connection with each other.
So here are some simple things you can do to keep the connection:
- Go to bed at the same time.
- Cultivate common interests.
- Focus more on what your partner does right vs. what they do wrong.
- Say “I love you” or “Have a good day” every morning.
- Say “good night” every night, regardless how how you feel.