KNOXVILLE (WATE) – A broken refrigerator had been one of the reasons a local Mexican style restaurant had a low health inspection score last month. The place has been re-inspected.
El Rincon Catracho, 4705 Central Avenue Pike – Old Grade: 83, New Grade: 97
A faulty refrigerator, or walk-in cooker pushed the temperature of chicken and beef at the restaurant last month into the danger zone.
If the problem had not been caught, some potentially hazardous food could have been served to customers. However, the inspector had the meats moved to a working cooler. The inspector found other problems as well.
When she returned to El Rincon, the three critical violations had been taken care of. The original passing grade of 83 has now been upgraded to a 97.
Top Scores of the Week:
- Cancun Mexican, 251 Harry Lane – Grade: 100
- Chuck E. Cheese, 8225 Kingston Pike – Grade: 100
- Starbucks, 7803 Montvue Center Way – Grade: 100
- Sir Fry, 7210 Kingston Pike – Grade: 100
- Frussie’s Deli, 133 E. Moody Avenue – Grade: 100
- Subway, 3708 Chapman Highway – Grade: 100
- Wendy’s, 7407 Strawberry Plains Pike – Grade: 100
- Nama Bearden, 5130 Kingston Pike – Grade: 99
- Chipotle Mexican Grill, 2014 Advantage Place – Grade: 99
- Brixx Pizza, 10978 Parkside Drive – Grade: 99
- La Rosa’s Pizza, 9169 Kingston Pike – Grade: 98
- Pizza Plus, 210 Andrew Johnson Highway – Grade: 98