KNOXVILLE (WATE) – Knoxville Heritage is looking for the 15 most endangered places or structures in Knox County. Nominations for the 2015 “Fragile Fifteen” are due by Monday, April 6.
To nominate a building, include the following information:
- Street address of the endangered property, and name if applicable
- Nature of the threat to the property
- Name and contact information for the individual or group submitting the nomination
- Any known historical information about the property (year built, architect, past owners, etc.)
- Name and contact information for the current property owner (if available)
During National Preservation Day in May, Knox Heritage announces the list and strategies for developing each site are given a 12-month plan to work with property owners, government officials and citizens to preserve historic sites in the community. This year’s list will be announced on May 15.
Nominations can only be submitted using the form here.