KNOXVILLE (WATE) – Another round of snow and ice is headed through Tennessee Friday, just days after the state was hit by a major storm that left thousands without power and several ice related wrecks.
Eighteen confirmed weather related fatalities have been reported in the state according to Tennessee Emergency Management Agency.
Motor vehicle accidents accounted for five fatalities in Benton, Williamson, Knox and Overton counties.
Previous story: THP: Icy roadway to blame in deadly Andrew Johnson Highway crash
Tennessee Emergency Management Agency reports seven fatalities related to hypothermia in Hamilton, Henry, Moore, Roane, Sequatchi and Shelby counties.
In Hickman County a 67-year-old dialysis patient also died after he was unable to get treatment due to the winter weather.
TEMA also added three fatalities from a house fire in Knox County to their list of winter related deaths.
Previous story: 3 people killed in North Knox County house fire
Family members identified the victims as James Overton, 73, Edith Overton, 64, and their disabled son Derek Overton, 47. The three were found dead in the home.
Firefighters said they had difficulty getting to them because the second level of the house collapsed onto the lower level, creating a huge pile of rubble.
- Benton County – One (1) fatality: 64-year-old female, motor vehicle accident
- Hamilton County – One (1) fatality: 63-year-old male, hypothermia related
- Henry County – Two (2) fatalities: 64-year-old female, hypothermia related; 69-year-old male, hypothermia related
- Hickman County (1) fatality: 67-year-old male, dialysis patient, unable to get to treatment
- Knox County – Four (4) fatalities: 30-year-old male, motor vehicle accident; 75-year-old male, fire; 68 year-old female, fire; 47-year-old male, fire
- Moore County – One (1) fatality: 73-year-old male, hypothermia
- Overton County – One (1) fatality: 38-year-old female, motor vehicle accident
- Roane County – One (1) fatality, 44-year-old male, hypothermia related
- Sequatchie – One (1) fatality, 85-year-old male, hypothermia related
- Shelby County – Three (3) fatalities: 48-year-old male, hypothermia related; (age unknown) male, hypothermia related; (demographics unknown), hypothermia related
- Williamson County – Two (2) fatalities: 34-year-old female; 10-year-old male, motor vehicle