Crews battle house fire in Seymour

SEYMOUR (WATE) – Fire crews battled a house fire in Seymour Friday night that officials say was started by a space heater.

The fire was first reported just after 6 p.m. on Pickens Gap Road. No injuries are reported.

The homeowner says the home had frozen pipes, so they put a heater in the basement. They say that caught the house on fire.

There are no nearby fire hydrants and conditions are icy, which made the fire difficult to fight.

The two-story home is said to be a total loss.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s