KNOXVILLE (WATE) – A Knoxville restaurant was given notice to fix its health violations or face being closed. The restaurant failed to correct critical violations that were discovered during its routine unannounced semi annual health inspection a few weeks ago.
Osaka Hibachi and Sushi, 3349 Sutherland Avenue – Original Grade: 49, Reinspection Grade: 81
The restaurant scored a failing grade of 49 in mid-June.The manager was given two weeks to correct critical health violations at the restaurant.
However, when the inspector returned the other day, none of the violations were corrected and management was given 48 hours notice to make the changes, or the place will be shut down until the changes are made.
Among the violations first reported, roaches were found behind the sushi cooler. The manager had been ordered to call his pest control company.
There had been a problem with food temperatures. It was so bad that 75 pounds of food had been ordered thrown away in mid-June.
Osaka Hibachi and Sushi was given 48 hours to correct the problems. Health inspectors returned late Thursday afternoon and gave Osaka Hibachi a much better grade of 81.
Top Scores of the Week
- Wendy’s, 6201 Asheville Highway – Grade: 100
- Public House, 212 Magnolia Avenue – Grade: 100
- Star of Knoxville, 300 Neyland Drive – Grade: 100
- All Occasion Catering, 922 N. Central Avenue – Grade: 98
- Love That BBQ, 1901 Maryville Pike – Grade: 98
- KFC, 409 Cedar Bluff Road – Grade: 98
- Central Flats & Taps, 1204 Central Street – Grade: 98
- Cracker Barrel, 9214 Park West Boulevard – Grade: 97