KNOXVILLE (WATE) – It’s been a good week for area restaurants that were visited by health inspectors. This week there’s a perfect health inspection score as well as a few others that are real close.
First, there’s an updated grade from several weeks ago.
La Rumba Restaurant, 4900 Chambliss Avenue – Old Grade: 74, New Grade: 83
The critical violations there have been corrected, and the updated score is an 83.
The Rocks Tavern, 7002 Maynardville Highway – Grade: 78
That too is a passing score, but there are critical violations.
Food temperatures were off. Sliced ham was at 50 degrees. That’s way too warm. The correct low temperature to prevent someone from getting sick is 41 or below.
Also, milk was too warm.
The inspector writes the cutting board on which food is sliced was dirty.
The inspector found an unlabeled spray bottle near a preparation table. That’s a big deal because you don’t want kitchen workers accidentally spraying an unknown chemical where food is prepared.
Top Scores of the Week
- Froyoz Bearden, 124 N. Forest Park Boulevard – Grade: 100
- Jersey Mike’s, 4839 Kingston Pike – Grade: 99
- Peerless, 320 N. Peters Road – Grade: 98
- Hilltop Vineyard, 6535 Kingston Pike – Grade: 98
- Gosh Ethiopian, 3609 Sutherland Avenue – Grade: 97
- Courtyard Bistro, 250 Brookview Center Way – Grade: 97
- The Outback Steakhouse, 330 N. Peters Road – Grade: 95
- McDonald’s, 7402 Strawberry Plains Pike – Grade: 95