KNOXVILLE (WATE) – A popular sushi bar and barbecue place head the list of top scoring restaurants this week.
Before we get to the best health inspection scores this week, we want you to know about the score for a restaurant that’s been re-inspected.
Village Cafe, 2601 E. Governor John Sevier Highway – Grade 73 89
When first checked, the report noted a number of critical violations at this café, like spoiled tomatoes, improper hand washing and some hygiene violations. All those problems have been corrected.
Top scores of the week
- Green’s Tavern, 9307 Kingston Pike – Grade: 100
- Lunch Box Market and Cafe, 9050 Cross Park Drive – Grade: 100
- Buddy’s Bar-BQ, 3700 Magnolia Avenue – Grade: 100
- Ko Ko Japanese Grill, 8883 Town & Country Circle – Grade: 99
- Arby’s, 400 N. Cedar Bluff Road – Grade: 99
- Burger King, 401 N. Cedar Bluff Road – Grade: 99
- Burger King, 7206 Region Lane – Grade: 98
- Wasabi Japanese Steakhouse, 118 Major Reynolds Place – Grade: 98
- Cracker Barrel, 1510 Cracker Barrel Lane – Grade: 98
- Taco Bell, 8516 Walbrook Drive – Grade: 98
Restaurant inspections are unannounced. They’re conducted every six months and represent a snapshot of conditions at the facility on the day of the inspection.