KNOXVILLE (WATE) – There were four critical violations recorded at a pizza restaurant in North Knoxville. That means the health inspector will return within 10 to 15 days to follow up on those violations.
Marco’s Pizza, 7121 Maynardville Pike – Grade: 72
That’s considered a passing grade.
When the inspector checked an employee hand sink in the kitchen, he couldn’t find soap or towels for employees to use.
As a result, the inspector writes that he watched a kitchen worker just rinsing his hands at the hand sink and likely he had to drip dry them. Of course, soap is required to properly wash your hands and there is supposed to be a towel to dry them.
The inspector writes ham was not being thawed properly. It can either be thawed under running water or in the refrigerator, but you can’t leave food out at food temperature to thaw.
Top Scores of the Week:
This has been a stellar week for high health inspection grades with a record number of perfect scores.
- We’re Cooking, 159 N. Peters Road – Grade: 100
- Panera Bread, 11361 Parkside Drive – Grade: 100
- Olive Garden, 10923 Parkside Drive – Grade: 100
- Copper Cellar (Downstairs), 1807 Cumberland Avenue – Grade: 100
- Pizza Plus, 210 Andrew Johnson Highway – Grade: 100
- McDonald’s, 7545 Mountain Grove Drive – Grade: 100
- Confectionista’s Kitchen, 7355 Chapman Highway – Grade: 100
- Aubrey’s, 102 S. Campbell Station Road – Grade: 99
- Taco Bell, 401 Lovell Road – Grade: 99
- Kristtopher’s, 4428 Homberg Drive – Grade: 99
- Viet Taste, 213 N. Peters Road – Grade: 99
- Rosa’s Bakery, 7635 Old Maynardville Highway – Grade: 99