KNOXVILLE (WATE) – A restaurant manager’s worst nightmare is for the health inspector to either see or find evidence of little critters with long tails in the kitchen.
Moose Lodge #1560, 6909 Ward Road – Grade: 64
This week’s lowest grade is at the kitchen at the Moose Lodge on Ward Road in North Knoxville in the Dante community.
The inspector writes she found mice droppings in the kitchen. The stuff was cleaned up and Moose Lodge was ordered to call a pest control company.
The inspector found the temperature of white beans and bacon at 64 degrees. That’s way too cold. The temperature should have been at least 140 or above to properly kill the growth of bacteria.
The inspector also writes the men’s room needed a lot of attention. The toilet and sink were dirty.
China Wok Buffet, 5453 Washington Pike – Grade: 67
Here, the inspector found crab meat being thawed at room temperature, about 72 degrees. You might do that at home, but a restaurant’s food is required to be thawed in the walk-in cooler to slow bacteria growth.
When she checked the sanitizer bucket, the inspector writes the water was dirty. Cloths used to clean tables are usually rinsed out in buckets filled with sanitizer, but with dirty water in the bucket, that defeats the purpose.
Top Scores of the Week:
- Subway, 3105 Alcoa Highway – Grade: 99
- Antojitos Salvadorenos, Mobile Cart – Grade: 98
- Lakeside Tavern, 10911 Concord Park Drive – Grade: 97
- Domino’s Pizza, 6402 Asheville Highway – Grade: 96
- Taco Bell, 7215 Strawberry Plains Pike – Grade: 94
- Garden Grill, 1719 Lake Avenue – Grade: 94
- Krystal, 7215 Strawberry Plains Pike – Grade: 92
- Nixon’s Deli, 508 Merchants Drive – Grade: 91
If a restaurant receives a failing grade, inspectors return within two weeks to follow up and determine if improvements have been made.